Sunday, July 4, 2010

Christian Gospel Is Extortion

I read this on the Rational Response Squad and thought it was brilliant.
I had a discussion with an evangelical Christian yesterday. I asked him if, according to the Bible, the act of extortion is wrong. He said emphatically "YES!". I asked him if ANY act of extortion is wrong, to which he again answered "YES!".

I then compared what the Mafia does when it offers you an offer you cannot refuse. If you accept the offer, you live a comfortable life and have money, and if you reject it, you find yourself in the bottom of the river with concrete shoes.

I then said..."What is the difference of the Mafia offering you a deal you cannot refuse and the Bible saying, "Accept Jesus...or you go to hell?"

The Christian gave me a 'Deer caught in the headlights look'. He said..."it is not the same"...I answered..."How is it not?...For that matter, how is any religion not?"

He tried to dance around the white elephant in the middle of the room that he did not want to talk about that I just pointed out.

1 comment:

  1. They always do the danced when confronted with logic.

    ReplyDelete