Thursday, July 24, 2014

Christianity - You Cannot Escape Easily

You cannot escape until you realize you are a prisoner. Christianity taught me I was a prisoner in sin. They shamed me and feigned love. They took advantage of my naivete. It took most of my life to understand I had become a prisoner. But the key was simply there around my neck once I woke up. Once I realized the problem the solution was inevitable while painful.

Some of us have had bad religion soaked childhoods, but most of us had long ones. None of us can help the things life has done to us, and once they are done they make us do other things until at last everything comes between us and what we would like to be and we have lost our original self. A paraphrase from Eugene O'Neill. You are not lost forever, you can free yourself from these things. Have patience, care for yourself, giving yourself a break.

When I was child I spoke as a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put away childish ways. I no longer believe in shame from the book of or believers in myths. I had been shamed to believe I would be this immoral child of hell if I gave up Christianity and became an atheist. My big surprise was my morals did not change and in fact I was now more honest, which if there is a good god he would honor that the most. Put my experience in their prophecy fail category.

No comments:

Post a Comment