Friday, March 18, 2011

Source Of Evil

Christians say on the one hand God is all-powerful, all-knowing, the first cause of all things, but yet he is not responsible for evil.

Please ignore this text and if you don't it doesn't mean what it says.
Isaiah 45:7 "I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things"

Most Christians hate the idea of predestination, that before birth God has determined whether we are heaven or hell bound. Calvin proposed this idea but he was not the first, but it became associated with him and thus it is called Calvinism. Much like Darwin, he was not the first or only one who proposed evolution, but he became associated with it, thus we say Darwinism. Both these gentlemen made great cases for their respective ideas.

I grew up in an American birthed church, the Seventh-day Adventist, that taught predestination was wrong. When I set all that behind me I had to put aside the Bible for years because I could not read it without that strong coloring. I had to spend years throwing off all the shame they had put upon me.

Now finally and gratefully I can read the Bible without all that crap. And you know the more I read the more I see Calvin was very consistent with scripture. It is like fishing in a barrel to find scripture to support predestination. A sinner cannot come to God except God draws him. We are born with an evil, vile nature. None seek God, no NOT ONE. We would never come to God. It is impossible to be saved by ourselves, but with God all things are possible. Now please don't forget that though he created us he is not responsible for evil. Satan is probably the one and even though Satan created something God did not, Satan is not a god, he is just a creature. Well, it gets circular after awhile and the head spins so let's just say it is irrational and absurd but that is what makes it true. LOL.

You don't run into many Calvinist here in the U.S. or rather I haven't. Most Christians poo-poo it. "No TULIPs for me". Despite it being totally consistent with scripture, they have invented the non-scriptural concept of free-will. It is interesting it is very American concept, you can do anything you want. Born in sin, screw it, if you set your mind to anything, you can make it happen.

Otherwise what is the point of prayer?

Any smuck with a two-dollar prayer book can disrupt the divine plan and here is where I propose the source of evil. Evil does not exist because of God, but rather because He is such a push over. When it comes to His kids He will give them whatever they want. One says make it rain, the other says make it stop. No wonder the weathermen cannot get this right. One prays for his enemies forgiveness, the other prays for their punishment. It is all quite confusing BUT it is never God's fault. He is ONLY trying to help and that is why the world is chaotic and some people think their prayers were not answered when they were, just someone trumped it immediately afterwards. You know God just gives and gives and gives and we humans just take and take and take. And due to God building passive-aggressiveness, one day he will explode as expected and send nearly everyone to hell. See now doesn't that all make sense? No? Hey they can make up shit, why can't I? Try it for yourself, it is fun. It really doesn't have to be consistent with what the contradictory scripture says, but I bet you can find text that support your idea. Everyone else does.

See here is my supporting text
Matthew 17:20
(Jesus) replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, ‘Move from here to there’ and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you."

John 14:13-14 (aka the carrot)
And I (Jesus) will do whatever you ask in my name, so that the Son may bring glory to the Father. You may ask me for anything in my name, and I will do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment