Saturday, January 30, 2010

Miracle Planet: Survival of the Fittest

Just watched this great video on human evolution. Science has found 20 human species. There could even be more. This video traces this and shows how Homo Sapiens became the dominate and only human species.


You can watch it on youtube here Miracle Plant Survival of the Fittest

It was wonderful to watch. From my religious past every Biblical reading/video was ultimately wrought with judgement and guilt. Horrors. The original marketing scheme - build a need in a customer that they didn't know they had and then sell them the solution. For religion it is if you don't fall down and worship God he will put you in a special place where there is fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where you live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for all eternity But He Loves You

I love how evolution isn't filled with all that garbage. It doesn't need to guilt you into believing it. Life itself reinforces it. As I walk around now I see it, how life is interconnected. It is not me and God against the evil world. I don't need to be awe enraptured or fall on my knees and repent. Welcome to reality.

No comments:

Post a Comment