Thursday, June 26, 2014

Moral Indignation

Moral Indignation is jealousy with a halo - H.G. Wells

We all have met those kind of people. Religion, fundamental Christianity in particular, attracts those who are insecure and need a stick to punish others ("you are going to hell") and need a skirt to hide behind ("It is not me saying it, it is God").

As Dylan wrote

You got a lotta nerve

To say you are my friend

When I was down

You just stood there grinning

You got a lotta nerve

To say you got a helping hand to lend

You just want to be on

The side that’s winning

...

I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

And just for that one moment

I could be you

Yes, I wish that for just one time

You could stand inside my shoes

You’d know what a drag it is

To see you

Song: Positively 4th Street

The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts - Bertran Russell.

No comments:

Post a Comment